Summer Tomato Sauce with Fusilli
A must try with fresh from the garden tomatoes
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes about 4 chopped
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ⅔ cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 pound Fusilli pasta or Strozzapeti
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus more for serving
In a food processor or blender, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and puree. Add the basil and pulse just to combine.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al-dente. about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce and the Parmesan cheese. Let it sit for about a minute to allow the pasta to absorb some of the liquid. Serve with additional Parmesan.
being a simple uncooked sauce, every type of tomato has a different taste, so I am looking forward to testing out the different types of tomatoes that we grew. You should too!