Grilled flounder with a tarragon (mostly parsley) Escabeche sauce
a great way to grill delicate fish with a nice sauce
- 4-6 large lemons 1 lemon per fillet
- 4-6 fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon finely chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and deveined finely diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Preheat grill over medium-high heat to about 400°F. Cut each lemon into five slices, discarding the ends. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add the sliced lemon on the grill in clusters of five. Place one fillet on each cluster of lemon slices. Make sure that none of the fish is touching the grill grates. Close the lid and let the fish cook through. roughly 6 to 8 minutes. Using a wide spatula, carefully lift the fish and lemons off the grill. Serve with the Escabeche sauce
mash the garlic clove with salt to make a paste.
in a bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice and zest, along with the mashed garlic. Add the tarragon and parsley and jalapeno. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until ready to use.