Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
great way to use up some of your harvest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or substitute 1/2 C applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini shredded/drained
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
Combine in a large bowl the flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt.
In another bowl mix egg, oil, milk, lemon and vanilla.
Stir wet ingredients into the dry till combined. Fold in zucchini, chips and walnuts.
Fill cups about ⅔ full
Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center of a muffin comes out clean.