So I didn’t get to making my pickles last weekend so this weekend it is a must. The cucumbers are still the strongest crop we have this season and both veggie drawers are full.
Last night my son and his fiance were coming over for dinner and to discuss their wedding and reception ideas; yes it is a little over a year away but you have to come up with some sort of plan to give everyone some time to make some of their wishes come true.
I decided that dinner needed to be less hands on so we had plenty of time to chat. Sheet pan dinners are pretty cool and if you have never tried making them you should add it to your list; I bet they will make it into your weekly dinner rotation.
They are easy, you don’t need a lot of ingredients or do they take a lot of prep time. Your oven does most of the work leaving you time to do more important things. Plus clean up is super quick.
I had a family pack of chicken thighs, my husband picked an onion a turnip some potatoes and a few carrots. Sounds like dinner to me. Yes I use a few sheet pans but I was making a lot of chicken. And you want to make sure everything has room to roast otherwise your veggies will steam and it’s just not the same.
Garlic lemon sheet pan chicken thighs
- 8 chicken thighs bone in skin on
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- wash peel and chop 2 or more vegetables of your choice
- pre-heat oven to 400'F
- season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- in a large bowl add the olive oil, lemon, sugar and garlic
- add chicken thighs and let marinade while you peel the vegetables
- place the thighs skin side down onto the sheet pan covered in parchment paper
- in a clean bowl add the veggies one at a time or all together, olive oil, salt an pepper
- add the veggies to another pan and make sure there is room for them to roast or grab another sheet pan to spread them out
- bake for 35 minutes, turn the veggies and flip the chicken.
- bake for another 30 minutes until the veggies are cooked through slightly browned
- If needed set the oven to broil and brown the chicken skin - I had to.