How far ahead in the day or week do you start thinking about what to make for dinner? Sometimes I plan a week’s worth of meals, and sometimes I just wing it! We have been super busy the last couple of months, so when I or my daughter ran to the store it has been just to pick up the usual suspects. Milk, eggs, bread, Hamburger or Hot dog rolls ya know just the essentials. Well, yesterday I made a list and had a plan of attack.
I need a plan when I do a major shopping because one of my stores is 45 minutes away. I bring a cooler for the cold items I am picking up. KP you were thinking it was for something else didn’t you? wink wink. I also make my list out for all the stops I plan on making and my grocery shopping list is made out by how the store is laid out. You might be thinking that I am a little crazy by now and you are probably a little right. But I am very efficient!!!
Before I headed out for the 5 hour trek, and that was only 6 stops plus a car wash. I had taken out a few chicken quarters and decided to add some flavor to them so when I got home I could just put them in the oven while I put everything away. It worked out perfectly and if you are planning a shopping day or just heading out to work. Take 5 minutes before you leave and add a few of your favorite flavorings to your protein and dinner can be homemade, delicious and on the table within an hour and mostly hands off.
Lemon garlic rosemary chicken quarters
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 lemons washed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 large sprig rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Season the leg quarters liberally with salt and pepper
- add everything into a zip log bag and make sure everything is distributed around.
- pre-heat oven to 400'F
- place leg quarters onto a foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven
- bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through.