I have been using up some PTO the last couple of weeks with long weekends and had some grand illusion that I would spend at least some of it making food, taking pictures, writing and banking a few blogs in case the holiday season got a little out of control and I couldn’t write. Then I got this fast and furious cold that won’t go away hello cold and flu season grrrrr.
Yesterday I headed out pretty early in the morning for most of the day; we were out dress shopping for my future daughter-in-law. She has an idea now of her perfect dress but is still waiting for the “yes to the dress” moment.
My last stop was going to be the grocery shopping and I had a craving for fettuccine Alfredo before I got there so I added a few things to my list. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I had or even wanted it. I used to make it all the time; now it’s just a faded memory. Maybe I needed a little comfort food – that sounds about right!
To make it a whole meal I grabbed some broccoli and chicken breast a loaf of bread and voila dinner! Well almost my daughter put away all the groceries while I chilled out on the couch and came very close to napping before I ventured into the kitchen
Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese optional but does make the sauce creamier
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Stir over low heat for about 2 minutes until melted and it starts to lightly simmer.
- Whisk in the garlic, salt, and pepper for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the Parmesan cheese, continue to whisk until melted.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta