I had every intention of writing this earlier in the week. I had Monday and Tuesday off and figured I would get a jump on things. I spent Monday putting my house back together; sending back returns of things I didn’t use or need from my sons wedding last Friday. I spent Tuesday doing absolutely nothing! Seriously I am embarrassed to say I did nothing but play video games on my phone and watch TV but what I should have done was some grocery shopping maybe some laundry, some baking or cooking so I had something to share on my blog but I didn’t and felt super guilty for it.
So I am writing this Thursday night because we are going away for the weekend and won’t have anytime to write. Current situation is sitting on the porch with a cocktail my husband and dog. It was a beautiful day and so far a beautiful night, not sure how many more evenings like this we will be able to sit out here. Winter is coming!
In my laziness; I know I deserve a break too but why do I feel so guilty about it? I wanted a hands off type of dinner and besides the slow cooker a sheet pan dinner is pretty hands off. I try to use up some things from the fridge so should you. I had some fresh beets; not from my garden thanks to the deer, I did use up the green peppers that we picked and our potatoes. This was the first time I have roasted radishes. I heard you could but have never tried to. I would do it again; seems they became sweeter with just a little heat.
veggies sausage sheet pan dinner
- 3 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh beets peeled and diced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 5 radish chopped
- 2 green peppers seeded and diced
- 3 sausage links diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- crop dust seasoning
- pre-heat the oven to 400'F
- slice up the sausage and place them around the veggies on the sheet pan
- add all the veggies onto the sheet pan; trying not to over crowd the pan. If you do you will end up steaming instead of roasting
- check on everything in about 20-30 minutes. I like mine brown so I put it back in the over for another 15 minutes.