You often do not think of boneless chicken thighs being crispy; at least I don’t. These pack a lot of flavor and a little crisp to your weeknight boneless skinless chicken thighs. It comes together pretty easy and quick. You could be eating in under 25 minutes; that’s a quick in my books. I served these along side some roasted broccoli and some garlic parmesan noodles; which I will be sharing the recipe with you I think next week. I think the broccoli took the longest to make, only because I roast the flowerets till they are crispy.
You should have most everything for the spice rub in your pantry. The only non staple spice might be the Cajun and you only need a pinch or so. If you have to just substitute it with something that has a little heat that you like and do have on hand. You could have, depending on your sides, but dinner could be on the table in under 30 minutes; easily.
boneless chicken thighs - bold and crispy
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil food coooking
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch Cajun seasoning or more to your liking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Pat chicken dry using paper towel and trim off any excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and both peppers. Sprinkle all over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat oil a large pan over medium heat and place chicken "skin" side down for 5 minutes until browned and crispy. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Move chicken to the sides of the pan and add butter in the middle; Let it melt. Then add the minced garlic to the melted butter. Sauté for about 30 seconds. Careful not to burn it.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add the wine and chicken broth. Scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with the end of a wooden spoon. Incorporate the chicken into the sauce and let it simmer until reduced to half, roughly 2 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.