Being a foodie we tend to eat with our eyes first! Plating a meal or even a dessert does matter and brings a smile to my face when it is does properly. I will admit I am still a work in progress when it comes to plating, I try but sometimes it doesn’t come out as well as I wanted it to.
I am totally one of those people that takes pictures of my food; when a dish is placed in front of me that looks like a piece of art I just have to snap a photo. I plating envy – sounds like a thing right?
I was asked to bring a dessert to a friends house that was serving Alaska King Crab Legs and every time we go to their place, you can tell the entire meal was well thought out. Table set with linens, water and wine glasses. I try to reciprocate with the same when they come to our place.
I ended up making individual parfaits and yes you can definitely spoon all the ingredients in the glasses or cups you are using but I wanted to try to avoid smudges if I could. I also chose to not make everything from scratch; sometimes it just make sense.
Individual dessert parfait cups
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 cup chocolate pudding cups
- 1 box cheesecake mix or cheesecake flavored instant pudding
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 containers cool whip
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- make the cheesecake filing per the box directions
- chop the pecans
- the cups you choose to fill define how much of the fillings you should add to each cup
- add to the cups in order. graham cracker, chocolate pudding, cheesecake, some of the chocolate chips, cool whip and finish with the chopped pecans.
add some fresh raspberries or strawberry's. Change it up for your taste.