I have said it before and I will say it over and over again; soup is good for the soul!
Hope you have a safe happy healthy and prosperous New Year!
I have had a cough since early November and I am sick of it! It started fast and furious and then subsided for a bit. Christmas day it decided to come back and bring with it me feeling like crap! Yesterday I spent about 12 hours lounging on the couch watching and sleeping thorough the Hallmark channel drinking several cups of tea and honey! I did make myself a pot of chicken and rice soup – I think that did the trick; I feel a little better this morning!
I am re-posting this recipe for those of you that happen to have some prime rib leftover. I think we have one piece left so who knows this soup might be happening today!
This year is going to be a quiet New Years! The last few years we had spent them in Canada with friends. I’m going to miss hanging out with them but I think it better that I stay in and not party like a rock star – gotta kick this cough thing somehow!!! Plus it being in the middle of the week is kind of a drag!
Leftover Prime Rib Roast
- 1 small to medium onion diced
- 1 or 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary chopped – or use whatever herb you flavored your roast with
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 or 2 pieces of beef chopped
- Beef Broth – homemade or use your favorite
- leftover gravy – add so much flavor if you have any use it
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion, celery and carrots till translucent. Add rosemary and cook for another minute or two. Add gravy, broth and potatoes. Once the potatoes are soft add the beef and let simmer to let everything meld together. Serve with bread to sop up the wonderful broth