I just finished putting Christmas away, which for me is about 2 weeks later than I normally put things away! This years tree lasted the longest in the house. It is usually down the day after and I will confess we have tossed it outside Christmas day eve a few times over the years just because the needles were driving me nuts.
My husband was especially attached to this years tree. It was the largest one we have ever had; we had to trim about 4 feet off of the back to push it up against the windows just so we could walk around it. Even though it is gone and the floors have been vacuumed and washed I am sure we will find a pine needle over the next few months.
Even though this an open faced sandwich that I am sharing it is easy to make and just as easy to eat. It is delicious I mean how can you go wrong with bacon?
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 4 French baguette slices
- 1/4 Cup soft goat cheese
- 4 Cups bibb lettuce I used boston
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 Cup white balsamic vinegar I didn' t have white
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp - set aside
- toast baguette slices until brown/crispy, spread with goat cheese and set aside
- divide lettuce and tomatoes among 2 plates.
- Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients, drizzle over tomatoes and lettuce
- Top salad with bacon and baguette slices. Sprinkle with additional black pepper is desired.