Most of the time I go to the grocery store with a plan of what I need to pick up based on what we want to eat for the week. Or more like what I feel like making for the week. I do ask; sometimes what the house wants but really it’s mostly up to me.
I also mostly go to the store alone but this time my daughter was with me and instead of a spaghetti squash we came home with an acorn squash instead. Guess she is not a fan of spaghetti squash I do try to have on hand a few fresh veggies for a quick side. Usually broccoli, cauliflower always carrots and I guess now acorn squash. It was easy, a great side and we all loved it. So much so my husband stated we will be adding it to the garden this year.
Quick during the week meals are a must in everyone I personally knows world. We all work and time is tight and dinner needs to be easy to make, which means few ingredients and mostly hands off. This meal was just that and very satisfying.
A few chicken breasts, an acorn squash, some seasonings, a sheet pan and your oven. You will be enjoying a nice warm meal in an hour.
roasted chicken breast acorn squash sheet pan
- Chicken Breast bone in skin on a piece or two per person
- 1 acorn squash
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- maple syrup
- crop dust or your favorite all purpose seasoning
- Spray your sheet pan with cooking spray or line with tinfoil
- Preheat oven to 375'F
- dry each chicken breast with a paper towel
- season each breast on both sides with salt, pepper and your all purpose seasoning
- wash and slice the acorn squash, scoop out the seeds.
- place everything on the sheet pan, season the squash with the same seasonings
- drizzle the squash with a little maple syrup
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.