I hope you have a wonderful day!
When I initially share this recipe back in 2016; sounds forever ago I know but this is a fantastic salad that comes together very quickly and is great to share with family and friends. If you have a vegetable garden you probably have almost everything right outside your door.
Back in 2016 everything you see here was mine except the corn on the cob. I wouldn’t and haven’t let my husband plant corn in many many years. I always felt it took up too much real estate for what we got out of it. If we got any ears they were super small, yes they were very tender and super sweet but I wasn’t impressed. This year I let him have the raised bed garden that I don’t really like. So he is trying corn again. I think it’s been close to 17 years since we tried growing it. We’ll see how it goes this year. Interesting fact about corn on the cob. It is the sweetest when you pick it, meaning eat it as soon as you pick it or bring it home as the longer you wait the less sweet it will be.
I would make the dressing up before you start chopping your veggies up, only so it has time to meld together.
Summer Garden Salad
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sliced cherry grape or like tomatoes
- ½ medium cucumber halved, seeded and sliced thin
- ½ medium yellow summer squash quartered and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ medium sweet onion sliced thin
- Kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1 Tbs coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the next diced/sliced 5 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Stirring occasionally before serving.
- Garnish with basil.