I like sweets; though sometimes they can be too sweet. I don’t believe I have ever had a slice of pecan pie. At least I cannot recall ever having a slice, I know I would never order it especially after everyone saying its VERY sweet and I know I have never made one. So when I came across this recipe I was a little hesitant but let me tell you it is not too sweet and I let my daughter take most of it to work. It would not be safe in house where I not only live but work. Me alone with this in the kitchen a mere 20+/- feet away.
I made this last week for one of our #worldwidewednesday meals and it was a huge hit and something I would make again. It was so easy and goes together really quickly with a few ingredients. So if you are like me and like sweets that are not so sweet I think you should check this out.
I mentioned; with no real conviction. I mean how could I; but I said I think this is a take on a pecan pie, like an easier version to get similar taste, again how would I know. I think it was only missing the crust; at least that is what I am going with.
Sweet pecan bar
- 1 9x13 baking dish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1½ cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans finely chopped
- pre-heat oven to 350°F. lightly grease baking dish. recipe called for grease and flour. I did not flour mine and it came out fine.
- In a medium bowl add the sugars, eggs and oil. Stir using a spoon until smooth.
- Add the flour and vanilla. Add the chopped pecans, stir until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture to you baking dish, place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test the doneness using a toothpick. Making sure it comes out clean.