I hope you are able to keep in good spirits during this trying time in our world. I know the local government in every state are having to make a lot of decisions they have never had to make in their lifetime as well as us as citizens. So the topic of conversations we have had all start with what’s going on. I am OK with discussing the world but my hope is there are other things that come up so we don’t wallow in it and able to keep some normalcy to our lives. I am still going to be making food to feed my family and if it’s worth sharing I will.
I had some chicken breast I took out of the freezer and needed to use them up. There were four chicken breasts so I took three of them and put them in the crockpot and the last one I sliced up, seasoned and pan seared it for chicken salad. This chili has a lot of ingredients I keep in my pantry pretty much at all times. When canned goods are on sale I load up on them and save them for a rainy day. In comparison to other states I feel NH is only misting right now. If you get my reference.
This is a great meal to set it and forget it. I do wish it wasn’t so cold outside I would love to get out into the garden and turn the soil and start my list of what we are going to grow for the season. I also hope the garlic I planted last fall will bring me joy. Every year is different for me, some years I hit the mother load and others is utterly disappointing. Stay tuned I am sure I’ll share with you the results.
Chicken Chili in the slow cooker
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of beans - great northern navy pea beans, black beans Or any combination
- 1 can hominy
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can chopped green chilis
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker
- saute onions and garlic till they are soft
- Top with beans
- In a medium bowl combine taco seasoning, Chilis, Rotel, soup and broth. Pour over beans
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Before serving shred chicken to your liking.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and chives or green onions