Firstly I hope you are well and hanging in there. I know everyone’s situation is different depending on the severity of the pandemic in your area but this is affecting all of us. I have been working from home for the last two weeks and I am very grateful that I am able to. I am trying to stay home as much as possible. During the week it isn’t a problem because I am working during the day and this last week I started making cotton masks for my local hospital. The weekends were when I would get all my errands done. Yes I have less errands to do but I do miss shopping – yes SF I hear you laughing out loud as you read this.
I did have to run out yesterday. My dad was having a hard time finding Kleenex tissues. I buy most of my paper products at Sam’s club and had just restocked a month before all of this happened so I am in pretty good shape. I just hope the world can “right” itself sooner rather than later. I fear for where this is taking us economically. Please hang in there and help where you can.
BBQ Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw
- 3-4 lb. Pork Shoulder or Butt
- Root Beer to cover
- 1 bag of tri-colored coleslaw
- 1 cup of Mayo
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place Pork in a slow cooker, cover with the Root Beer; cook on low all day, mine is on 9 hours while I am at work. When you get home, dump the liquid, put the pork back in the slow cooker and you should be able to take 2 forks and shred all of it. Add a container of your favorite BBQ sauce, I use Sweet Baby Rays. Turn the slow cooker on high for 15-20 minutes and serve. You can add more sauce as needed.
for the coleslaw
- Combine all the above ingredients; add to the coleslaw and let set for 10-15 minutes until it melds.
Assemble the sandwich
- Create your delicious sandwich, get some nice hearty rolls and add a scoop of pork and a scoop of slaw.
- You are going to need a few napkins