Not sure what happened but I set this up to post on Sunday at 9 am and it didn’t. One of my loyal fans LOL just asked what the bleep happened. So I am throwing it out there now.
I can’t tell you the last time I made a pan of brownies; ya it’s been that long. I do miss a good brownie but I fear making an entire sheet pan of them and have them hanging around the house with me. Especially these fudge top brownies. They are sublime and I think might be in my future.
I posted this recipe several years ago and when I looked at the pictures I actually got sad. The dish you see here broke a few years ago and I miss it. I wish I could find something close to replace it. I used it all the time and what I have now just doesn’t measure up. I also have a gripe to share. See the Pyrex measuring cup; not sure what they did but the red measurement lines do not stand up to the dishwasher, they used to no problem I had my 8 cup for at least 20+ years and the only reason I replaced them was they were all scratched up but my new ones (barely 5 years old) are just useless. My older ones were work horses now I have to find a new product.
Look at how one recipe brought up so many thoughts and emotions. That’s what food does to everyone. It can bring back good memories, bad memories. I can remember the first time I had these at my friend JC’s house and immediately asked for the recipe. It was the best non boxed mixed brownie I had ever had. Which trust me I have tried ALOT of brownies in my lifetime.
My son is the only one in the fam that doesn’t like nuts. He doesn’t live at home anymore but I would still make them this way; half nuts and half without. Just because he doesn’t live here he is here pretty much at least once a day.
Fudge topped Brownie
- 9x13 baking pan
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- pre-heat oven to 350°F - bake for 40 minutes
- in a large bowl or you stand mixers bowl. Add the first 7 ingredients. Add 1½ teaspoon vanilla. Beat well, if using nuts add them now or you can do a half and half batch like I did here.
- In a greased 9x13 pan add the batter. bake for 40 minutes in a pre-heated 350°F oven.
- In a pan or bowl; heat or microwave the chips and condensed milk along with the other 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Just until melted and then poor over the hot brownies as soon as you take them out of the oven.
- Let them cool completely before cutting. Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream or a big glass of milk.
One thought on “Fudge Topped Brownies”