My home is currently super quiet, I can only hear the windchimes out on the porch and it is a lovely feeling. The sun is shining and I wish it was not so chilly out there, maybe we could pick up some of the tree debris from the “snomageddon” we had here a few weeks ago. Yes we still have quite a bit of snow still on the ground so it’s gonna be awhile.
Less than an hour ago we were 8 for breakfast and last night we were 10.5 for dinner so to say it has been a hectic weekend is a little bit of an understatement. I am grateful for the hectic to celebrate my father-in-laws 93rd bday. He was so happy to have most of his children here together. He too is also ready for the quiet, we just sent them home with their bellies and hearts full.
When we have a houseful for breakfast I always make a strata, it is SO easy and everyone really enjoys it. It is a great help that it is made the day before and you can just pop it in the oven. This morning I also made the recipe I want to share with you. Not only was it delicious it went really well with the strata and it was pretty easy to pull together. I do love sweet and savory so I think this might be a keeper. I could definitely do some of the prep the day before to make it even easier. I would get all the dry ingredients together and take out the butter. Then in the morning just add the wet to the dry and place it in the oven with strata.
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 1 9x13 baking pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablepoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish
- in a large bowl add the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir till combined. in another bowl add the wet ingredients. Milk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Whisk till they are all combined. Pour into the prepared dish.
- in a small dish combine the butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon. beat till smooth and drop by spoonfuls onto the cake batter. Using a knife swirl the cinnamon mixture into the cake mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- in a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over the warm cake. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from allrecipes.com magazine