Not sure how your garden is doing this summer or even if you have a garden. But if you have access to some wonderful fresh veggies you should really make some salsa. I am actually going to make this one when I am done writing this morning. It’s rainy out and I picked some Roma tomatoes, a couple of green peppers and a bunch of jalapeno’s oh and my garlic is ready and the best I have ever grown so it kind of screams SALSA.
While there is quite a bit of chopping to do. Throw on some music or one of your favorite shows and make it happen. I don’t think you will be disappointed.
- roma tomatoes; seeded and chopped
- green peppers; seeded and chopped
- yellow onion; peeled and diced
- jalapeno; seeded and diced
- garlic cloves; chopped fine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- balsamic vinegar - a dash or two
- 1-2 packets of sweet and low
- the amounts you use for each ingredient is totally up to you. I will give you an approximate ratio so it will be well balanced.
- 12 roma tomatoes, 2 green peppers, 4 jalapeno, 6 garlic and 2 onions seemed to make a nice amount of salsa and the ratio seemed to work out nicely
- adjust for how you like your salsa. want it hotter add more jalapeno or leave the seeds and veins in them.
- add the sweet and low and a few dashes of the balsamic vinegar
- finish it off with a little salt and pepper to taste